While I wait for the client approval on the colors (let's not think about what might happen if they don't like them), I'll show you the process thus far.
After the discussions about design and approval of a preliminary cartoon, I started some sample dyeing. They loved the colors of two of my Emergence series pieces and I started with those.
Dyeing in quart jars is a favorite thing of mine. I like it because I can have 8 new colors per pot in just a few hours instead of eight colors in a whole day. Of course the limitation is the amount of yarn you can fit in a quart jar and with the size pieces I weave, amounts call for bigger pots.
I showed you some of my first colors in THIS post last week.
Here are some of them skeined up waiting for the ball winder.
I wove a sampler showing both of these colors for the client. It turned out so cute I wished I could keep it! The weaving to the left is for the client, the one to the right is a sample for my reference.
I did the finishing, admittedly while watching Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown Sunday night. Gave her a little steam, stitched her up...
...and there you have it.
After the client sees the woven and yarn samples, we get to repeat the process. Hopefully this time with full quantities of yarn.