spend all my time weaving tapestries.
Wait! Maybe this year they will all be realized. I have dreams of being able to hire someone to help me make that happen. Now there is an idea.
Running a tapestry studio that is not part of my home was a huge undertaking in 2013. I love my time in the studio and hope for a lot more of it in 2014.
I am busy creating here in Santa Fe. I love to make things with my hands and I also love to create with my brain... which mostly ends up as classes I teach. There are many new opportunities coming up in 2014. Here are some of them. Stay tuned, there will be more!
- January 19-23, 2014: Color Gradation Techniques for Tapestry, 5-day class in my studio in Santa Fe. This class is full but let me know if you want to get on the waiting list.
- February 8, 2014: lecture about my work and my experiences weaving tapestry in the southwestern US, Las Tejadoras Weavers Guild Meeting, Santa Fe. Contact me for details.
- March 24-26, 2014: Warp and Weft: Learning the Structure of Tapestry, 3-day class in my studio in Santa Fe. There are still a few spots left in this beginning tapestry class. More information is on my website HERE.
- June 10-13, 2014, Warp and Weft: Learning the Structure of Tapestry, 4-day class at The Recycled Lamb in Golden, CO. More information HERE.
- Convergence 2014, July 14-19, Providence, RI. Classes I am teaching are:
- Color Gradation Techniques for Tapestry in a 2-day format 7/15-16
- The Mobile Tapestry Weaver: Weaving Tapestry on a Hokett Loom in a 1-day format 7/17
- Creating Without Pain: Ergonomics for Fiber Artists in a 3-hour lecture on 7/19.
- See HGA's website or the teaching page on my website for more information.
- Warp and Weft: Learning the Structure of Tapestry will be offered as an online class.
- September 13-14: 2-day lecture and class in Southern California
- Creating Without Pain: Ergonomics for Fiber Artists will be offered as a lecture at Convergence 2014 (for sure--see above) and in e-book or video form by the end of the year.
- Many more blog and video projects sharing the fun world of tapestry.
You can sign up for my newsletter HERE. In 2014 I will be sending out two newsletters a month with updates on my classes and with information about the world of tapestry.
I also offer private classes in my studio. You can find more information about that on my website HERE. If you want to come to Santa Fe for a few days or a week and you want to get in some tapestry time in my studio, let me know! It doesn't have to be a scheduled workshop.
Weave a lot of tapestries! Because I love messing about with yarn.